EVENT INFO CENTER
Online Christmas Meeting
December 11th, at 15:00 o’clock (GMT+2) | Please join half an hour before start
The event will be held on the „Zoom“ platform | meeting link: [24 hours before the event]
( ! ) Seats are limited – use a single device per person to connect, don’t take away a seat from your colleague.
( ! ) Event Info Center – this web page is and will be used to provide technical information before and during the event.
HOW TO PREPARE?
1. ZOOM platform
The event will take place online on the Zoom.us remote meeting platform.
How to prepare?
- In advance – install the Zoom client program on your computer. Download link: https://zoom.us/download
- For full participation we recommend you to use a computer with a web-camera, a microphone, and headphones – not a tablet or a smartphone.
- In advance – with a few of your remote colleagues test out Zoom meeting performance on the computers that will be used on the event day. Make sure that you can see each other and hear each other, make yourself comfortable with the basic Zoom functionality.
- In advance – consult with your more IT-experienced colleagues if any problems with Zoom occurs.
Can I use a smartphone or tablet instead of a computer?
- For full participation, you should use a computer with a web-camera, a microphone, and headphones.
- Zoom app on smartphone and tablet has limited functionality and sometimes unpredictable (untested) behavior depending on app version and the device itself therefore we ask you to use a computer with an up-to-date Zoom client app for the meeting.
- However, you will need a second device to participate in Quiz Game during the event, for this task smartphone or tablet with an internet connection is a good choice. You will have to connect to https://kahoot.it/ game by using internet browser (chrome, firefox, safari, edge).
( ! ) The event is interactive – for full participation we recommend you to use a computer with a web-camera, a microphone, headphones and internet connection (not a tablet or a smartphone). For a quiz game, you will need a second device with an internet connection (you can use a smartphone or a tablet as a second device).
2. Equipment requirements
- A stable internet connection is a critical need.
- If your internet connection is 100Mbs or less you should turn off all unnecessary devices and software that might use internet connection during the event. E.g. – kids watching youtube videos or computer updating it’s software might interfere in your event participation.
Computer (Main device)
- With Zoom client software https://zoom.us/download
- Web camera (integrated or connected to computer).
- Microphone (integrated or connected to computer)
- Headphones or sound speakers (We recommend to use headphones to prevent echoing or noise in meeting)
- Smartphone with internet connection (you might need it to take a part in game during the event). You will need to connect to https://kahoot.it/ over the web browser (chrome, firefox, safari, edge).
Smartphone / Tablet (Second device)
- You will need a second device with an internet connection to take a part in a Quiz game during the event. You will need to connect to https://kahoot.it/ over the web browser (chrome, firefox, safari, edge).
- As a second device you can use smartphone, tablet or computer.